The Reportage Club is a simple concept.
John Coster invites his special guests to discuss documentary media related subjects in front of an audience.
Examples of previous Reportage Club themes and guests:
- The Syria Crisis – in partnership with the Prevent programme. Dr Halla Diyab (Liberty Media Productions) and Dr Omar Gabbar (Hand in Hand for Syria charity).
- Coordinating Volunteers at London 2012 – Gaynor Nash.
- Working for the International Committee of the Red Cross in Sarajevo – Steve Crump.
- Radio Broadcasting at the BBC – Rupal Rajani, BBC Radio Leicester Presenter.
- The Regional Press and the New Regulator IPSO – Keith Perch (former Editor of the Leicester Mercury).
- Making the News – Jim Davies, Journalist, Broadcaster on BBC Radio Leicester.
- Documentary Filmmaking – Tristan Anderson, Founder of DocHeads / BAFTA Award Winner.
- Making Your First Feature – Rhys Davies, local filmmaker (Finding Richard).
- Borneo Tribes – Dr Huw Barton, Bio Archaeologist, University of Leicester.
- Being a Press Photographer – Beth Walsh, Leicester Mercury.
- Young People and Community Activism – Brahmpreet Gulati, Voices 4 Change.
- The Situation in Gaza – a Q&A event with an Israeli and Palestinian representative from the One Voice Movement – partnership event with the Prevent programme.
- Disability in Film and Television – Dr Anna Claydon, University of Leicester.
- Northern Ireland Flag Protests and Social Media – Dr Paul Reilly, University of Leicester – hosted as part of the Conflict Reportage theme of Documentary Media Month.